During difficult pandemic time and partial lockdown of our University we have inaugurated online LAMA meetings (Laic Approach for Major Aspects (of science)). The formula of scientific events held in our group every week before pandemic has changed – nominated member of our group has got 72h for presenting us chosen scientific hot paper. We have just finished the first round of the event during which we had a great opportunity to learn about fascinating, very recent chemistry spanning different areas including ionic liquids, obviously :), carbon dots, flow chemistry, principles of general chemistry and (electro)catalysis -summing up, 14 paper within 1,5 month!
Have a look at papers that got our attention last month!
(Cool cover picture of the event drew our student Magda)
- Nickel on nitrogen-doped carbon pellets for continuous-flow hydrogenation of biomass-derived compounds in water.
Francesco Brandi, Marius Bäumel, Valerio Molinari, Irina Shekova, Iver Lauermann, Tobias Heil, Markus Antonietti, Majd Al-Naji
Green Chem, 2020, DOI: 10.1039/C9GC03826D
- Cationic Molecular Umbrellas as Antibacterial Agents with Remarkable Cell-Type Selectivity.
Ao Chen, Apostolos Karanastasis, Kaitlyn R. Casey, Matthew Necelis, Benjamin R. Carone, Gregory A. Caputo, Edmund F. Palermo
ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces Article,2020, Artykuł ASAP,DOI: 10.1021/acsami.9b19076
- Amphiphilic fluorescent carbon nanodots as a selective nanoprobe for nitrite and tetracycline both in aqueous and organic solution.
Khalid M. Omer, Shinwar A. Idress, Aso Q. Hassan, Lazgin A. Jamil
New J. Chem., 2020, DOI: 10.1039/D0NJ00435A
- Ionic Liquids Can Enable the Recycling of Fluorinated Greenhouse Gases.
Luiz Fernando Lepre, Dune Andre, Sandrine Denis-Quanquin, Arnaud Gautier, Agílio A. H. Padua Margarida Costa Gomes
ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering,2019, 7 (19), 16900-16906, DOI: 10.1021 / acssuschemeng.9b04214
- The electronic structure of benzene from a tiling of the correlated 126-dimensional wavefunction.
Yu Liu, Phil Kilby, Terry J. Frankcombe, Timothy W. Schmidt
Nat Commun, 2020, 11, 1210, DOI: 10.1038/s41467-020-15039-9
- Peto’s Paradox: how has evolution solved the problem of cancer prevention?
Marc Tollis, Amy M. Boddy, Carlo C. Maley
BMC Biology, 2017, 15 (1), DOI 10.1186/s12915-017-0401-
- Forensic Chemistry and Ambient Mass Spectrometry: A Perfect Couple Destined for a Happy Marriage?
Deleon N. Correa, Jandyson M. Santos, Livia S. Eberlin, Marcos N. Eberlina,Sebastiaan F. Teunissen
Anal. Chem., 2016, 88, 2515−2526, DOI: 10.1021/acs.analchem.5b02397
- The role of in situ generated morphological motifs and Cu(i) species in C2+ product selectivity during CO2 pulsed electroreduction.
Rosa M. Arán-Ais , Fabian Scholten, Sebastian Kunze, Rubén Rizo, Beatriz Roldan Cuenya
Nat Energy, 2020, 5, 317–325, DOI: 10.1038/s41560-020-0594-9
- Blue energy fuels: converting ocean wave energy to carbon-based liquid fuels via CO2 reduction.
Siu-Fung Leung, Hui-Chun Fu, Maolin Zhang,Ali H. Hassan, Tao Jiang, Khaled N. Salama, Zhong Lin Wang, Jr-Hau He
Energy & Environmental Science, 2019, DOI: 10.1039/c9ee03566d
- Aliphatic Polyester-based Biodegradable Microbeads for Sustainable Cosmetics.
Hyeong Chan Nam, Won Ho Park
ACS Biomaterials Science & Engineering, 2020, DOI: 10.1021 / acsbiomaterials.0c00017
- Close-Packed Nanowire-Bacteria Hybrids for Efficient Solar-Driven CO2 Fixation.
Yude Su,Stefano Cestellos-Blanco, Ji Min Kim,Yue-xiao Shen, Qiao Kong, Dylan Lu, Chong Liu, Hao Zhang, Yuhong Cao, Peidong Yang
Joule, 2020, 4 (4), 800–811, DOI: 10.1016/j.joule.2020.03.001
- Commercial Applications of Ionic Liquids.
Mark B. Shiflett
M.B. Shiflett, Commercial Applications of Ionic Liquids, wyd. Springer Nature Switzerland AG, 2020
13. Ionic liquid–based click-ionogels
Yongyuan Ren, Jiangna Guo, Ziyang Liu, Zhe Sun, Yiqing Wu, Lili Liu and Feng Yan
Science Advances 2019,5, eaax0648 DOI: 10.1126/sciadv.aax0648
14. Reworking Organic Synthesis for the Modern Age: Synthetic Strategies Based on Continuous-Flow Addition and Condensation Reactions with Heterogeneous Catalysts
Woo-Jin Yoo, Haruro Ishitani, Yuki Saito, Benjamin Laroche, and Shu Kobayashi
J. Org. Chem. 2020 DOI: 10.1021/acs.joc.9b03416